Monday, November 30, 2009

City Council

Blessed to serve my community.


The official signing-in.


Chunky Monkey decided he needed to be with me during my first council mtg.


The swearing-in.

Sorry this is a little late getting posted. I was elected to the open city council seat in my town! A small victory, but one I am proud to have earned. I've always said, you shouldn't complain about what's going on unless you're willing to get involved. Too many people grumble but aren't willing to do something about it. So I'm willing to get involved. As I learn the ropes, I'm trusting the Lord for guidance on all decisions I have influence over.
In the midst of the signing-in my little Chunky Monkey decided to start crying for me. And because we're a laid back kinda town, I knew it would be alright to hold my baby for the moment. So glad DH caught it on film. It will be a very sweet memory for all of us....

No comments: