Sunday, September 20, 2009

Sewing Memories

I have a bit of an obsession with buttons. Can never have too many..

My trusty 1940's Singer. My parents bought it for me for Christmas when I was in the 6th grade. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten...

Create.
Remember.

As I was sewing this weekend, I looked down and saw my light caramel hands and it reminded me of when I would go to my grandmother's house and we would sew together. I remember seeing her smooth fingers with just a bit of wrinkling of the skin as she would guide the fabric. That time she spent with me was so very special. I can truly appreciate the skill she taught me. It serves me to this day, as I create things for my family. Honoring our mothers and mother's mothers makes me feel so rich. What did you learn from your mother/grandmother that brings back warm memories?

No comments: