Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year Investments




Here we are in 2009 and I thought I'd hand out a little investment advice -like you're not gonna hear tons of it already. So bear with me here, I know I've got a great plan.
Investment Tips:
1. Find a great man who believes like you do, then marry him, fast!
2. Have beautiful children.
3. Actually raise them yourself, no nannies/daycare. You'll be amazed how big your "paychecks of the heart" really are.
Now, I know some of you are thinking, 'Oh, if only it were that simple!' And you know what, it's not. But a lot of prayer and commitment to your husband can lead to what I've got. Yes, I know that not everyone can stay home, but I can bet a lot more people can if they'd cut back on their spending. Believe me it can be done. I've lived without cable for over two years and here I am, still alive. Amazing huh? This morning Jacob said to me, "Mom I'm glad I get to be your son." What can make a mother tear up faster than that? These are the things I'm talking about. Nothing can compare when I get compliments from strangers that my children are well behaved. -Not perfect, well behaved. It's because I know them, I spend everyday with them, getting to know their little personalities that God gave them. And you know what, I'm glad that when Jacob wanted to give his heart to the Lord it was his father and I that were there for that, not some babysitter. And when Jackson first rolled over, we were there for that too. Remember there are no do-overs. So if you want to be rich, invest in your family. You'll get rewards bigger than you can imagine...
Happy 2009 and God Bless You and Your Family!
Simply Sarah

2 comments:

freeisforme said...

Our families are the ONLY thing we can invest in because we don't have any money! :(

Nikki said...

Amen Tracey! Sarah- I love your views on life, family and your children. Your blog is true and real and I love reading, keep it up.